Sunday, November 29, 2009

Final Post

There were quite a few tools we learned about this quarter that I will definitely use and some I'm already using. I downloaded Dropbox a few weeks ago, and it has already saved me numerous times as I forget to bring my zip drive with me. I would like to set up my Google Reader account if I ever get the chance because I feel like it might make my internet time more streamlines. I hope to have time after the quarter is over to play around with it. I also enjoy the idea of having a blog, and I'm happy to have been introduced to how easy it is to set one up and use it. Now I just wish I had something interesting to say on it...

I was also happy to be introduced to the audio and video tools because I know that I will need that at some point. I kinda wish I had taken this course a little later on in my doc studies because I feel like the tools are fresh in my head now, and I hope I can remember everything later when I need them.

The only tool I have had a problem with is RefWorks. I tried to use it a few weeks ago, and I don't know if the websites I was trying to pull info from wasn't cooperating or what, but it refused to work for me. I will attempt to use it again or maybe try one of the others because any help with bibliographies would be great.

I am planning on researching parent and community involvement in schools, but I'm so early in the process that narrowing it down and also getting to research exactly what I want is very difficult. I'm also interested in how policy has affected outside involvement in school and how it can be changed to make these groups better partners in school improvement. I have a feeling that I may need to interview a lot of people in the process, so I'm sure that many of these tools will be very helpful in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment